13th Annual College of Letters and Science Authors Reception
We invite you to join us for the 13th Annual College of Letters and Science Authors Reception. We’ll celebrate recently published books by faculty authors in the college, as well as Montana State University’s 125th anniversary.
Date: Thursday, April 5, 2018
Time: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Place: Bozeman Public Library, Large Community Room, 626 E Main St
At 6:30 p.m., Robert Rydell, professor of history in the Department of History and
Philosophy and director of the American Studies Program, will give a short talk about
his forthcoming book, Democracy by Degrees: The 125th Anniversary History of Montana State University, which will be available in May.
Dr. Rydell will then moderate a panel discussion about the history, and local and statewide impacts, of Montana State University and the College of Letters and Science. The panel will include Nicol Rae, current dean of the College of Letters and Science, as well as former deans John Jutila and James McMillan.
This event is cosponsored by the Bozeman Public Library Foundation and is free and open to the public.
(L&S faculty member noted in bold)
- Writing about Writing: A College Reader (3rd Edition), Douglas Downs (Author), Elizabeth Wardle (Author), Bedford/St. Martin's; 3 edition (December 16, 2016), ISBN-10: 1319032761, ISBN-13: 978-1319032760.
- College Physics: Putting It All Together, Ronald Hellings (Author), Jeff Adams (Author), Greg Francis (Author), University Science Books; 1st ed. 2017 edition (September 25, 2017), ISBN-10: 1938787935, ISBN-13: 978-1938787935.
- The Matter of History: How Things Create the Past (Studies in Environment and History), Timothy J. LeCain (Author), Cambridge University Press (July 31, 2017), ISBN-10: 1107592704, ISBN-13: 978-1107592704.
- Collaborative Remembering: Theories, Research, and Applications, Michelle L. Meade (Editor), Celia B. Harris (Editor), Penny Van Bergen (Editor), John Sutton (Editor), Amanda J. Barnier (Editor), Oxford University Press (December 21, 2017), ISBN-10: 0198737866, ISBN-13: 978-0198737865.
- The Revenger's Tragedy: The State of Play (Arden Shakespeare The State of Play), Gretchen Minton (Editor), The Arden Shakespeare (November 16, 2017), ISBN-10: 1474280374, ISBN-13: 978-1474280372.
- Walking Through Jordan: Essays in Honor of Burton Macdonald, Geoffrey A Clark (Editor), Pm Michele Daviau (Editor), Michael P Neeley (Editor), Equinox (March 31, 2017), ISBN-10: 1781792836, ISBN-13: 978-1781792834.
- Re-thinking the “Adolescent” in Adolescent Literacy. Sophia Tatiana Sarigianides (Author), Robert Petrone (Author), Mark A. Lewis (Author), National Council of Teachers of English (November 6, 2017), ISBN-10: 0814141137, ISBN-13: 978-0814141137.
- The Correspondence of John Tyndall, Volume 3: The Correspondence, January 1850-December 1852, Ruth Barton (Editor), Jeremiah Rankin (Editor), Michael S. Reidy (Editor), University of Pittsburgh Press (December 29, 2017), ISBN-13: 9780822945093.
- Living with Lead, An Environmental History of Idaho’s Coeur D’Alenes, 1885-2011, Bradley D. Snow (Author), University of Pittsburgh Press (April 24, 2017), ISBN-10: 0822964481, ISBN-13: 978-0822964483.
- Engaging Banality: Stories of the Salaried Life, Peter Tillack (Author), Kuroi Senji (Author), Brill Academic Pub (June 21, 2017), ISBN-10: 9004339604, ISBN-13: 978-9004339606.
- Diversity Amid Globalization: World Regions, Environment, Development (7th Edition), Lester Rowntree (Author), Martin Lewis (Author), Marie Price (Author), William Wyckoff (Author), Pearson; 7 edition (February 9, 2017), ISBN-10: 0134539427, ISBN-13: 978-0134539423.