Ship of Death: The Voyage That Sparked a
Yellow Fever Pandemic and Changed the
Course of History by Billy Smith
We invite you to join us for the Annual College of Letters and Science Holiday Authors’ Reception. At this fun and festive event, we celebrate books published recently by authors in the College of Letters and Science.
Thursday, December 5, 2013
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Bozeman Public Library, Large Community Room
626 East Main Street
At 6:30 p.m., Billy Smith, Letters and Science Distinguished Professor and a professor of history in the Department of History and Philosophy, will give a special presentation about his new book, Ship of Death: The Voyage That Sparked a Yellow Fever Pandemic and Changed the Course of History.
This event is cosponsored by the Friends of the Bozeman Public Library and is free and open to the public.
Featured Books (L&S faculty member noted in bold)
- Race, Philosophy, and Film (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy), Mary K. Bloodsworth-Lugo (Editor), Dan Flory (Editor), Routledge; 1 edition (March 22, 2013), ISBN-10: 0415624452, ISBN-13: 978-0415624459.
- Yellowstone's Wildlife in Transition, P. J. White (Editor), Robert A. Garrott (Editor), Glenn E. Plumb (Editor), Harvard University Press (March 11, 2013), ISBN-10: 0674073185, ISBN-13: 978-0674073180.
- Ship of Death: The Voyage That Sparked a Yellow Fever Pandemic and Changed the Course of History, Billy Smith (Author), Yale University Press (2013), ISBN-10: 0300194528, ISBN-13: 978-0300194524.
- Fisheries Techniques, Third Edition, Donna L. Parrish (Editor), Trent M. Sutton (Editor), Alexander V. Zale (Editor), American Fisheries Society, ISBN-10: 1934874299, ISBN-13: 978-1934874295.
- Japan at Nature's Edge: The Environmental Context of a Global Power, Ian Jared Miller (Editor), Julia Adeney Thomas (Editor), Brett L. Walker (Editor), University of Hawaii Press (November 30, 2013), ISBN-10: 0824838769, ISBN-13: 978-0824838768.
- Prescott's Microbiology (9th Edition), Joanne Willey (Author), Linda Sherwood (Author), Chris Woolverton (Author), McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math (February 3, 2010), ISBN-10: 0077350138, ISBN-13: 978-0077350130.
- The Call of Everest: The History, Science, and Future of the World's Tallest Peak, Conrad Anker (Author), Dave Lageson (Contributor) National Geographic (May 14, 2013), ISBN-10: 1426210167, ISBN-13: 978-1426210167.
- Globalization and Diversity: Geography of a Changing World (4th Edition), Lester Rowntree (Author), Martin Lewis (Author), Marie Price (Author), William Wyckoff (Author), Prentice Hall; 4 edition (January 14, 2013), ISBN-10: 0321821467, ISBN-13: 978-0321821461.
- Excavations at Tel Zahara (2006 - 2009): Final Report, the Hellenistic and Roman Strata (British Archaeological Reports International Series), Susan Cohen (Editor), British Archaeological Reports (October 15, 2013), ISBN-10: 1407311751, ISBN-13: 978-1407311753.
- Religion, Reason, and Culture in the Age of Goethe (Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture) Elisabeth Krimmer (Editor), Patricia Anne Simpson (Editor), Camden House (February 12, 2013), ISBN-10: 1571135618, ISBN-13: 978-1571135612.
- Material De Acarreo, Verónica García Moreno (Author), Ediciones Oblicuas (February 20, 2013), ISBN-10: 8415528787 ISBN-13: 9788415528784.