The MSU Passport Acceptance Facility can provide photo services for your passport, visa, and other application needs.
Photos are $10.00 each (payable by check, money order, credit/debit card or cash). If you require photos for another country’s passport or visa, please speak with one of our agents to determine if we can support the necessary photo measurements.
A recent color photograph is required with each U.S. Passport application. Passport photos must be:
- Clear, with a full frontal view of the applicant’s face
- Printed on quality photo paper with a plain light (white or off-white) background
- Taken in normal street attire, without a hat, head covering, or eyeglasses. Head coverings may only be worn if a signed statement is submitted by the applicant verifying that the item is used daily for religious purposes, or a doctor’s statement is submitted verifying the item is used daily for medical purposes.
- Uniforms, clothing that looks like a uniform, and camouflage attire should not be worn in photos except in the case of religious attire that is worn daily.
- Taken within the last six months.
- 2 inches by 2 inches in size.
The image size measured from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head (including hair) should not be less than 1 inch and not more than 1 3/8 inches.
Acceptable Passport Photos