Rates & Services
Classes of Mail
A brief description for the general classes of mail services offered by MSU Mail Services.
- First Class - domestic airmail weighting up to 13 oz.
- Priority Mail - domestic airmail weighing over 13 oz.
- Priority Mail Express - expedited airmail (one or two days), with guaranteed delivery.
- USPS Retail Ground - domestic surface mail (by truck).
- Media Mail - domestic book rate (by truck). Eligible articles include permanently bound books, videos tapes, and CD's.
- Library Mail - domestic educational material traveling surface rate from institution to institution.
- First-Class Mail International* - international letter mail weighing 4 lbs. or less, traveling by air. Declarations required for ANY merchandise leaving the U.S.
- Priority Mail International* - expedited airmail traveling to most international destinations within 6-10 business days (no time guarantee). Weight and size limits apply.
- Priority Mail Express International* - expedited airmail traveling to most international destinations within 3-5 working days (no time guarantee).
- Air M-Bag* - international service for books or printer matter, weighing from 11 lbs. to 66 lbs. per bag.
*NOTE: CUSTOMS FORMS FOR INTERNATIONAL MAIL MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO MAILING. CORRECT FORM IS DETERMINED BY SIZE, WEIGHT, AND REQUIRED SERVICE.
Services & Fees
A detailed outline of rates and fees of the services offered by MSU Mail Services.
First Class Mail
|Type||1 oz||2 oz||3 oz||3.5 oz|
|Single Piece Letter||0.50||0.71||0.92||1.13|
|Single Piece Flat||1.00||1.21||1.42|
|Single Piece Parcel||3.50||3.50||3.50|
First Class Mail weighing over 13 oz. is called Priority Mail. Priority endorsements are required on all mail traveling Priority rate.
1 oz - 1 lb, Starting at $6.70 for flat-rate envelope
1 lb - 70 lbs, See USPS Website Rate Charts
Prices are determined by dimensions, weight, and zone of destination.
International Letter Mail
|Canada||1.15 - up to 2 oz.||1.15|
|All Other Countries||1.15 - 1 oz.||1.15|
Priority Mail Express
Starting at $24.70 for flat-rate envelope. Additional weights determined by destination.
$3.45 (in addition to postage)
$2.75 (in addition to other fees)
Insurance available up to $25,000.00. Cost is determined by actual value.
Insurance available up to $5,000.00. Cost is determined by value of item.
Certificate of Mailing
$1.40 (in addition to postage)
Electronic confirmation of delivery or attempted delivery date.
- Priority Mail & USPS Retail Ground - Free
- Priority Mail Express - Free
- First Class Parcel, Media Mail, & Library mail - Free