Bill O. Ragsdale
Capstone Design Lab
The Capstone Design Lab supports the I&ME senior capstone design courses (442 and 444) as well as other senior-level I&ME courses. The lab's major functions are to provide:
- A learning environment for facility design and production systems
- Computing support and office space for student teams engaged in senior design projects.
- Eleven (11) Core 2 Duo (2.4 ghz) PCs running Windows 10
- HP printers/plotters: 4015n, 455CA, 1220
- Epson 1660 scanner
- carrel space for five (5) design teams
- conference space
- Microsoft Word , Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Acess and Publisher
- AutoCad and E-Factory bundle (Factory Cad, Plan/OPT, Flow)
- Visio Technical charting and drawing
- Arena Simulation Software
- Lindo, LINGO Math Programming
- ILOG OPL Studio Mathematical programming
- Various statistical packages including SAS, Minitab, R, etc.
- Microsoft C++ Express, other development tools
- STORM (operations research applications package)
- Business Plan Pro
- Jack, ERGOMGMT & Human Cad
The lab is jointly supervised by Dr. Sobek and Dr. Schell.
The lab was renovated in 2000 using money donated by Richard Ragsdale in honor of his father Billie O. Ragsdale, a 1939 I&ME graduate.
You may require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs on this page.