Industrial & Management Systems Engineering (IMSE)
The IMSE Faculty requires every student to discuss curriculum and career planning with their academic advisor. Meetings with advisors can help ensure that degree requirements are met and align with student career aspirations. To ensure this, students meet with an advisor each semester to acquire a PIN to register for courses the following semester. Students are expected to use the curriculum flowsheet provided by the department to plan their program of study, and create a plan in DegreeWorks for just the upcoming semester, prior to meeting with their advisor. Name the DegreeWorks plan with the appropriate semester and year (e.g., Fall 2018). Advisors document the outcome of the meeting in a note in DegreeWorks and lock the student’s plan. The following links provide additional details and example.
In certain situations, students may not feel the need to meet with an advisor and just require their PIN to register for courses. To qualify, a student requesting Expedited Advising in a semester must NOT be subject to any of the following exclusion criteria:
- New freshmen or transfer student in their first semester
- Graduating senior without an approved graduation plan
- Junior or senior without an approved cognate
- An “at risk” student as identified by their advisor
- Returning from academic suspension
Eligible students seeking Expedited Advising must submit their request to their advisor using the email template below. If the advisor approves the request, s/he will place a note in DegreeWorks and release the registration PIN to the student.
Use the links below to download the curriculum flowsheet for the appropriate catalog year.
- IMSE 2019-2020 Flowsheet
- IMSE 2018-2019 Flowsheet
- IMSE 2017-2018 Flowsheet
- IMSE 2016-2017 Flowsheet
- IMSE 2015-2016 Flowsheet
- IMSE 2014-2015 Flowsheet
All IMSE majors must complete a 9-credit cognate as part of their program. Click the link below for details on the IMSE cognate policy.
Other Useful Documents
- IMSE Core Completion Checklist
- FE Exam Information
- DegreeWorks Information
- CatCourse Scheduler Information
- IMSE Program Requirements 2018-2019
- IMSE Program Requirements 2017-2018
- IMSE Program Requirements 2016-2017
- IMSE Program Requirements 2015-2016
- IMSE Program Requirements 2014-2015