School of Music Scholarships
The School of Music is excited to have a community of donors and friends who are committed to supporting our promising performers. Students are encouraged to apply each year for scholarship consideration. A variety of factors will be taken into consideration when our committee reviews the applications. These factors may include academic achievement, financial need, residency and talent.
ALL STUDENTS MUST FILL OUT THE FAFSA TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL MUSIC SCHOLARSHIPS.
For academic year 2018-2019, the school awarded scholarships and tuition waivers to 82 students totaling $180,000.
All students receiving awards from the School of Music must meet the following requirements:
Registered as full-time students (minimum of 12 credits)
Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Must renew their scholarship application each year
Must meet specific requirements, detailed in award letter
What's the difference between tuition waivers and scholarships?
- 75% of our awards come from tuition waivers
- Available to majors and non-music majors
- Waivers can only be applied to tuition costs
- Students may only receive one waiver per semester. WUE, Presidential and MSU Employee dependent waivers cannot be stacked with a School of Music waiver. It is advised that the student accept the largest waiver.
- Come from donated funds
- Amounts vary depending on sufficient funding
- Majority require recipient to be a Music Major, although a select few can be awarded to non-music majors
- May be applied to tuition and fees. Excess will be refunded back to student
How to Apply
"I am a new student to the School of Music. I will participate in the fall of 2019
or spring of 2020."
Incoming students will apply for scholarships via the Cat Scholarship System. Please follow all directions carefully.
• Cat Scholarships Application Opens 11/1/2018
• Priority Application Deadline is 2/1/2019
• Priority Audition Deadline is 2/24/2019
• Cat Scholarships Application Closes 5/1/2019
Incoming students must apply for Admission to MSU prior to filling out the scholarship application.
Step 1:Apply to Montana State University
Step 2: Receive Letter of Acceptance from MSU Admissions, with Generated Student Identification Number (GID)
Step 3:Establish your NetID (your MSU unique identifier) and set a password.
Step 5:See audition requirements here and sign up for a time!