Waste pickup request link: http://www.montana.edu/srm/forms/waste/index.php
- MSU Radiation Safety Manual
- MSU RAM Sealed Source Protocol Form (docx)
- MSU RAM Open Source Protocol Form (docx)
- RAM Protocol Amendment Form (docx)
- Appendix A - General Rules For The Safe Use Of Radioactive Materials
- Appendix B - Emergency Procedures
All uses of radioactive materials at Montana State University must be approved by the university’s Radiation Safety Committee (RSC) and the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO). Approvals for radioactive materials by the RSC are expressly for the protocols and personnel specified in the radioactive material application. Any unauthorized uses or materials constitutes a violation of University, State and Federal regulations.
In Montana, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) determines safe practices for sources of radioactivity. NRC regulations on radioactive materials are published in title 10 of the code of federal regulations.
Proper management of radioactive materials and users is the responsibility of the authorized Principal User, under whose permit the device is being used. It is the responsibility of each member of the laboratory to maintain safe use of radioactive materials in their area.