Richard A. Block, Ph.D.
- Psychology of time, human memory, others
- University of Oregon (Ph.D., 1973, Psychology)
- University of Oregon (M.A., 1970, Psychology)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1968, Psychology)
Note: For a comprehensive list of publications, with many PDFs. [LINK]
- Block, R. A., & Hancock, P. A. (2015). Psychology of time: Basic and applied issues. In R. R., Hoffman, P. A. Hancock, M. W. Scerbo, R. Parasuraman, & J. L. Szalma (Eds.), The Cambridge Handbook of Applied Perception Research. (Vol. 1, pp. 284-295). New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Block, R. A., & Grondin, S. (2014). A review of recent reviews on the psychology of time. Frontiers in Psychology: Perception Science. [Available online]
- Block, R. A., & Gruber, R. P. (2014). Time perception, attention, and memory: A selective review. Acta Psychologica, 149, 129-133.
- Block, R. A., & Hancock, P. A. (2013). Time perception. Annotated bibliography in Oxford Online Bibliographies. [Available online]
- Gruber, R. P., & Block, R. A. (2013). The flow of time as a perceptual illusion. Journal of Mind and Behavior, 34, 91-100. [PDF]
- Block, R. A., & Crawford, K. C. (2013). Gender stereotypes of leadership behaviors: Social metacognitive evidence. Psychology and Social Behavior Research, 1, 9-17. [PDF]
- Hancock. P. A., & Block, R. A. (2012). The psychology of time: A view backward and forward. American Journal of Psychology, 125,267-274. [ PDF]
- Block, R. A., Hancock, P. A., & Zakay, D. (2010). How cognitive load affects duration judgments: A meta-analytic review. Acta Psychologica, 134, 330-343. doi:10.1016/j.actpsy.2010.03.006 [PDF]
- Block, R. A. (2009). Intent to remember briefly presented human faces and other pictorial stimuli enhances recognition memory.Memory & Cognition, 37, 667-678. doi:10.3758/MC.37.5.667 [PDF]
- Block, R. A., & Zakay, D. (2008). Timing and remembering the past, the present, and the future. In S. Grondin (Ed.), Psychology of time(pp. 367-394). Bingley, England: Emerald. [PDF]
Affiliations & Honors
- Charles & Nora L. Wiley Faculty Award for Meritorious Research, Montana State University (January, 2012)
- Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science (September, 2011)
- Associate member of the Division of Perception & Psychophysics, Department of Psychology, Stockholm University, Sweden (1996-present)
- Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Service in the Field of Education (Pi Sigma Alpha Chapter of Mortar Board, Montana State University, 1987)
- Faculty Teaching Award (University Honors Program, Montana State University, 1986-1987)
- United States Public Health Service Predoctoral Fellowship (University of Oregon, 1970-1972)
- Evans Scholarship (University of Michigan, 1964-1968)
Rick Block created this web page on May 5, 1995, and last updated it on September 14, 2015.
This Web page represents the views of the author and not necessarily those of Montana
MSU is not responsible or liable for its contents.