Finding a Dell Service Tag or Mac Serial Number
How to find your Dell's service tag
The service tag on a Dell computer is generally located on the bottom or side of the device. It can also be found using the command prompt. To do so follow these steps.
- Click the Start icon to open menu.
- Type cmd in search field and press enter.
- Copy and paste: wmic bios get serialnumber after the prompt.
- Copy the tag number and paste it into the form.
- Open a terminal window.
- Enter: sudo dmidecode -s system-serial-number
How to find your Mac's serial number
- Open the Apple menu (click apple icon in menu bar).
- Click About this Mac.
- Click More Info...
- Copy the serial number and paste into the form.