Undergraduate Scholars Program
Who We Are
The Undergraduate Scholars Program (USP) is one of the largest multidisciplinary undergraduate research programs at MSU. We are here to help undergraduate students in all disciplines pursue research, scholarship, and creative projects.
What We Do:
The Undergraduate Scholars Program (USP) facilitates, supports, and promotes undergraduate research and scholarship by providing funding and logistical support directly to students.
- USP offers research grant funding through a competitive proposal process for undergraduates engaging in research, original creative works, and scholarly projects.
- USP offers travel grants for students accepted to present research and creative projects at regional, national, and international conferences.
- USP promotes opportunities for students to present their projects to the MSU and Bozeman communities by coordinating the annual Student Research Celebration and Student Research Month events.
- USP promotes opportunities for students to present their projects to a national audience by providing funding and travel coordination for the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR).
- USP provides training and support for students interested in getting started with undergraduate research.
Why Undergraduate Research?
Undergraduate Research enhances learning by providing hands-on opportunities to apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom, and engages students in creative thinking and problem solving. Through this "learning-by-doing" model, undergraduate research provides excellent experience for students, whether they are preparing for graduate school or seeking employment in a professional field.
Want to learn more about USP?
Check out our “How to Apply Page”