Doctor of Philosophy Degree
- B.A. or M.A. degree in an American Studies-related discipline
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all universities attended, sent directly to the Graduate School
- Three academic letters of recommendations, uploaded directly to CollegeNet
- Letter of application that addresses the applicant’s areas of intended study and the applicant’s qualifications for doctoral-level work.
- Advisor Form (This form identifies the faculty advisor of interest to the applicant)
- Writing sample (major research paper or M.A. thesis chapter)
- GRE scores are not required
We have a rolling admission deadline. For applicants wishing to be considered for a Fall teaching assistantship, however, the application deadline is January 31st.