HireABobcat.com Powered By Handshake FAQs
To recruit on HireABobcat.com powered by Handshake, you will need to register an account in order to login and utilize the platform.
- To register an account go to https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new and select “Sign up for an Account.”
- Choose “Employer” for your account type.
- Once this is complete, click the “Submit” button to continue.
- Select yes or no to identify yourself as a Third-Party Recruiter.
- Once the confirmation page is displayed, an email to confirm your account will be sent to you.
- When the email is received, click the link to confirm your account.
- The link will take you to a page where you can select which schools you would like to connect with or continue without selection. You can search for a particular school to connect with or you can browse the selection of schools. We are listed as Montana State University- Bozeman.
- You will need to be connected to your company profile on Handshake prior to taking any actions with schools. To join your organization or register a new company, click “find your company”.
- If your company is already in our system, it should be displayed based on the domain of your email address. You can search for the company name if it doesn’t appear automatically.
- You will be able to click “request” in the top right corner of the box displayed to connect. If your company has “auto-approve staff” enabled, you will be added immediately. If not, you’ll have to be approved by an existing staff member.
How to Create a New Company
- If your company is new to HireABobcat.com powered by Handshake, you should select the option to “Create New Company” on the right side of the screen.
- Login to your employer account on HireABobcat.com powered by Handshake.
- Click on “Job Postings” on the left-hand side of the landing page.
- Click “New Job” in the upper-right hand corner.
- Complete the required fields listed to create a new job. Including additional details such as desired majors, GPA, and class standing in the post will help target qualified applicant.
- After finishing “Job Preference” select the “Schools” tab to determine which schools to distribute the job posting.
- Select “Montana State University- Bozeman” in the options to share the position with MSU students and alumni.
- Select “Create” to submit your posting.
- All jobs postings are reviewed by HireABobcat.com Administrators and are individually evaluated before approval. Postings are typically processed within two business days but longer wait times may occur. Please call us if you have any questions about your job’s status.
- Login to your user account on HireABobcat.com Powered By Handshake.
- On the homepage, Click “Interviews” located on the left navigation bar.
- Click “Request Interview Schedule” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Complete the fields to request an interview schedule.
- Be sure to complete the “Basics,” “Qualifications,” “Timeline,” and “Review” info sections by clicking “Next” until you have completed each section. Once you are finished, click on “Request.”
- Under the “Qualifications” section, you may create or select the job to associate with the interview schedule.
- Once your interview schedule is submitted, a MSU Career Services team member will be in touch to discuss your request. Requested dates for interviews will be evaluated in coordination with the semester calendar and scheduled recruitment events such as Career Fair. On campus interviews are considered on a case by case basis.
Top Tips for Successfully Recruting at MSU’s Virtual Career Fair:
1. Engage with Candidates Early
Search and message students based on major and class standing to find your ideal candidates. You may also message applicants for you posted jobs prior to the fair.
2. Post your positions as soon as possible
Students will gain a better understanding of your hiring needs if you have active jobs associated with your group sessions and Career Fair registration.
3. Perfect Your Brand Before the Fair
Ensure that your opportunities are posted to your website and HireABobcat.com powered by Handshake. When messaging students, include information specific to your organization and open positions. Focus your attention on strengths relevant to what students want to know about your organization (see National Association for Colleges and Employers for more information).
4. Troubleshoot Technology Before the Fair
Please attend one of the Handshake Technology sessions offered to ensure you can focus on students during the virtual fair and not technology.
5. Get Creative with Your Sessions
Each group session will run for 30 minutes. Instead of hosting a 30-minute PowerPoint presentation, use your time creatively. Some examples include:
- ·explaining key elements of your organization through the lens of a non-traditional career path.
- forge personal connections with candidates by allowing MSU alumni or current interns to host sessions and/or answer questions.
- Dedicate a session to the discussion of diversity in your workplace.
6. Build Pipeline with Underclassmen
Allocate a few 1:1 sessions to connect with freshmen and sophomores to build future connections for interns and full-time hires.
After the virtual fair, follow-up with session participants by messaging students, downloading resumes, and hosting virtual interviews.