Multi-institutional research study of graduate student experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic
- January 11, 2021
Article in Chemical and Engineering News
Pandemic stress: The toll it’s taking on students - Students describe the challenges of online classes, lost opportunities, and more.
- December 9, 2020
Article in Inside Higher Ed
Calm Before the Storm - The NSF’s new data on Ph.D.s earned in 2019 include some bright spots, including gains for underrepresented minority groups. But COVID-19 threatens to wreak havoc on soon-to-be and recent Ph.D.s for years to come, experts say.
- December 3, 2020
Download a PDF of the summary posted above
Access our White Paper here
- September 4, 2020
Article in Science Magazine
As the pandemic erodes grad student mental health, academics sound the alarm
- September 3, 2020
Article in the Chronicle of Higher Education
How Has the Pandemic Affected Graduate Students? This Study Has Answers
Link to full article here
NSF funded a RAPID research project to provide a trauma-informed basis for leaders and administrators of Graduate Schools and Colleges
- how to immediately help the broadest range of graduate students during a crisis (such as COVID-19)
- what strategies might be most effective for supporting graduate students as they decide whether to continue their degrees
- reports of graduate students' experiences during the pandemic
- their perspectives of institutional support at various levels
- their educational and career plans, and
Students will also be invited to participate in paid virtual focus groups. Participating universities will also be asked to provide our qualitative research team with some of their communication pieces with students.