Campus Sustainability Advisory Committee
Adopted in 2021, the MSU Sustainability Framework features long-term targets, objectives, and an implementation strategy. The long-term targets and objectives address MSU’s Strategic Plan Goal 3.3 to develop a Sustainability Plan. The Framework established CSAC as a 7-member advisory committee to work closely with MSU’s entire Sustainability enterprise, which also includes the Campus Stewardship Consortium (CSC), the MSU Office of Sustainability, and ad hoc task forces. These organizations meet at a monthly sustainability business meeting.
The MSU Campus Sustainability Advisory Committee (CSAC) was created in 2021 with the following charge:
- Advise the University President regarding national, regional, institutional and community-based sustainability efforts.
- Ensure implementation of the Campus Sustainability Framework through:
- Supporting the Sustainability Director in strategic planning
- Identifying and proposing methods to fund campus sustainability initiatives and improvements
- Coordination across university functions and units
- Convening, recruiting for, and managing ad hoc task forces
- Engaging with the Campus Stewardship Consortium
- Assess progress on Campus Sustainability Framework targets (STARS ranking; Zero Waste; Carbon Neutrality) on an annual basis
- Evaluate data and progress reports provided by the Office of Sustainability
- Prepare an annual, publicly-available evaluation of progress toward targets
Membership comprises both appointed and ex-officio members. Appointed members serving up to two consecutive two-year terms. The MSU President selects the committee chair.
|Academic Dean (designated by Provost)||Dean Brett Gunnink||Dec 2021|
|MSU VP (designated by President)||VP Ryan Knutson||Dec 2021|
|Research Office Representative (designated by VP-REDGE)||Dr. Julia Haggerty, Chair||Dec 2021|
|Faculty Senate Chair (or Chair-Elect, by decision of FS Chair)||Dr. Bradford Watson||Dec 2021|
|University Services||Megan Sterl||Dec 2021|
|Auxiliary Services||Kara Landolfi||Dec 2021|
|Provost’s Office||Assoc. Provost Steve Swinford||Dec 2021|
The Provost’s Sustainability Fellows program provides an opportunity for two students (undergraduate and/or graduate) of any discipline to engage directly in campus sustainability planning and decision-making efforts at Montana State University by providing support, research, and analysis to the Campus Sustainability Advisory Committee (CSAC). For more information, please contact Julia Haggerty ([email protected]).