Gender Equity Alliance
Working towards the future where gender does not determine success.
We envision a welcoming and equitable campus environment in which people of all gender identities are empowered, valued, and supported.
Created in March 2022, the Gender Equity Alliance, formerly known as the President’s Commission on the Status of University Women, cultivates gender equity at Montana State University by addressing barriers, developing relationships with partners, and creating shared accountability for sustainable change.
We represent diverse voices with intersecting identities across the gender spectrum in:
- Championing professional development that creates an inclusive campus environment and gender equity in metrics, assessment, policies, practices and procedures.
- Promoting visibility and transparency around policies, practices, procedures and groups that support gender equity.
- Recognizing and celebrating contributions from the entire MSU community – undergraduate and graduate students, staff, faculty, groups and allies – that cultivate gender equity.
- Providing opportunities for the community to share their questions, concerns, or ideas around issues related to gender equity.
Join a Working Group for 2022 - 2023
Reach out to the contact indicated below if you would like to work on a project:
- President’s Award for Gender Excellence Committee – Betsy Danforth ([email protected])
- Safe and Inclusive Fieldwork Guidelines – Tracy Gatlin ([email protected]) or Nicole Motzer ([email protected])
- Communications – Susan Andrus ([email protected])
- Equity and Inclusion at the Department level – Ariel Donohue ([email protected])
Questions about the Gender Equity Alliance? Reach out to the Program Lead for Gender Equity at [email protected].