DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION INSTITUTIONAL MINI-GRANT OPPORTUNITY
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is awarding mini-grants up to $2,000 to support recruitment efforts that enhance the MSU Diversity and Inclusion Framework, specifically around the Access and Success theme. Funds will be invested in efforts to infuse diversity and inclusion best practices in the recruitment process for faculty, staff, and other employees (i.e. post-docs, graduate assistants). This may include, but is not limited to, efforts to diversify search pools, revise vacancy announcements, promote equitable search practices, train search committee members, or build diverse networks.
Eligible: Deans, Department Heads, faculty and staff involved in recruitment and search efforts
Please submit a 1-PAGE document (word or pdf) with the following information
- Name of lead for this project (include collaborators if applicable)
- Project title
- Description of the project
- Description of how this project aligns with the Diversity and Inclusion Framework (see: https://www.montana.edu/provost/d_i.html)
- Detailed Budget and Timeline
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND AWARD CONDITIONS:
- DEADLINE: Rolling
- Submit your application to Kayte Kaminski, [email protected]
- Members of the Diversity Council will serve as the review committee for evaluating and prioritizing these awards. Applicants will be notified of review timeline within 1 week of submission.
- Awardees are expected to report project outcomes following the project completion.
- The deadline for expending funds is June 30, 2022 without exception.
- Awardees may spend funds on: recruitment/outreach efforts, developing search materials, covering registration/training fees for search committee members, hosting workshops, or other creative strategies to diversify your recruitment efforts.
- Opportunities for additional compensation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Funds cannot be used for course buyouts or partial course buyouts.
- Value and relevance of proposed project (40%)
- Alignment with Diversity and Inclusion Framework (40%)
- Budget clarity and ability to complete by 2021 fiscal year end (20%)
- New and creative integration of diversity practices in recruitment
- Training and professional development to enhance DEI knowledge/skills as it relates to recruitment
- Purchasing materials for professional development or to use in searches to expand DEI focus
- Intentionally incorporating DEI practices in recruitment efforts
- Contact Kayte Kaminski or your Academic Diversity Partner to discuss other creative ideas.