Undergraduate Program: Financial Engineering
Focus on financial instruments and economic theory used to manage financial risks, improve operational management and practice sustainability in agricultural business.
About the Financial Engineering ProgramFinancial Engineering is an emerging interdisciplinary field that emphasizes the design and analysis of financial instrumentsto manage risk and create strategic business opportunities.
The objective of the program is to provide students with the necessary tools to help manage a business’s financial risks. In keeping with this objective, financial engineering majors undertake rigorous training in financial economics, engineering mathematics, and actuarial methods:
- Mathematics similar to engineering but expanded to include more statistics and probability theory
- Financial economics with a solid background in classical economic theory and markets (capital, commodity, and derivative)
- Software engineering and modeling
The Financial Engineering program is a joint program between the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and the Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
The Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics offers the following degrees:
- Undergraduate Programs:
Financial Engineering students at Montana State University go into careers such as:
- Corporate Finance
Our graduates have parlayed their Financial Engineering degrees into a wide range of career fields. Placements within the past few years include:
- Field Engineer, MilTech
- Junior Software Engineer, Foundant Technologies
- Customer Service Experience Consultant, MHP-A Porsche Company (An International Management and IT Consultancy Firm)
- Business Analyst, American Bank Montana
- Global Leadership Development Program Associate, Advanced Sterlization Products
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Schedule an Appointment
with DAEE Student
View Course Descriptions