Using Montana Estate Planning Tools for Avoiding Probate
May 12 Resources
Download Resources (PDF)
- Transfer on Death Deeds in Montana (MT202010HR) (2020) [Order Online]
A Transfer on Death Deed allows owners of real property in Montana to transfer it at death to one or more designated beneficiaries without probate.
- Nonprobate Transfers (MT199509HR) (2017) [Order Online]
Describes the various forms of ownership Montana allows the deceased's property to bypass probate and transfer directly to beneficiaries such as payable on death designations on financial accounts and transfer on death registrations for stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
- Personal Representative Responsibilities. (MT199008HR) (2019) [Order Online]
Explains Montana law covering personal representatives in settling estates (often called "executor" in other states).
- Probate in Montana. (MT199006HR) (2019) [Order Online]
Provides guidelines and costs for the process of settling the estate of a deceased person.
- Application for Title of a Vehicle by Non-Probate Transfer (PDF)
- Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property (WORD) (PDF)