4-H LIVESTOCK BUILDING RULES - -
- When an animal is brought in, fill out a livestock stall card. These are available
from a livestock superintendent. Please print the information on your stall card so
that the public viewing your exhibit can read it.
- Livestock must be clean and groomed for display to the public.
- Feed and water livestock regularly and exercise daily to remind animals of their training.
- Pens & Stalls are to be kept clean. Refer to 4-H Schedule for daily times, the cleaning
of pens & stalls are to be completed by. Check with Superintendents where to pile
the manure for truck pick up.
- Tie cattle firmly and not too long a lead rope and to insure extra safety, they will
also be tied with a neck rope.
- All alleys in all barns are to be kept clean for public.
- Ask questions of Department Superintendents.
- Cooperation among all 4-H members will make your exhibits successful.
- No animals beyond barn areas.
- No vehicles on the ground area.
- Exercise and training can be done in the Exercise Arena behind the Sheep barn.
- 4-H youth are encouraged to familiarize their livestock to the show arena prior to
- Do not feed, groom, or tie up any livestock in the grassed showmanship arena and bleacher