Interview Possible Questions
LIST OF POSSIBLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Evaluators may choose questions from this list, plus may add job‐specific questions.
Position Knowledge and Self‐Reflection
- Tell us about yourself
- What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?
- Give an example of how one of your strengths was helpful on a team (work, school, etc.)
- Give an example where you had to compensate for a weakness (yours or a team’s) and how you did so.
- Tell us about your skills related to this position.
- Describe any training or experience you’ve had that is related to this job.
- Why did you choose to apply for this position?
- What do you think will be your biggest challenge with this job?
- What do you think will be easiest part of this job for you?
- How has your education or training prepared you for this position?
- If we were to gather several of your supervisors, teachers and co‐workers into a room and ask them what your greatest strengths are, what would they say? If we asked them the areas you needed to improve, what would they say?
- What do you believe are the most important characteristics and skills you would contribute?
- Why did you to apply for the position?
- Tell us what you know about the position and what questions you have about the position.
Organization, Time Management and Goals
- What are your short‐term and long‐term goals?
- Tell us about an important goal that you have achieved and the steps it took to achieve the goal.
- What is something you have done that makes you feel proud? What accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction in life?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- Tell us what motivates you.
- What do you currently do to be effective in time management and organization – balancing multiple project priorities?
- Can you describe a time when you had to organize a rather large project/event and how you managed it?
Work Environment and Relationships
- Describe a conflict you’ve had in a work/school/organization and how you solved it.
- Have you ever had a conflict or difference of opinion with a supervisor or teacher? If so, describe the situation and how you handled it.
- What qualities would you hope for in a supervisor?
- Describe on ideal day on the job.
- Tell us about some of your favorite classes, teachers or hobbies.
- Would you rather work with information or people?
- Can you describe a time when you had to work with someone you did not especially care for (client, co‐worker, class member, volunteer) and how you handled that situation?
- How do you feel about taking direction from co‐workers or supervisors? (Explain)
- How do you prefer to be approached about errors in your work?
- How would you approach one of us if you found errors in our work?