Montana State University is responding to the novel coronavirus with the university system’s central office in Helena and an on-campus institutional response group that coordinates with experts, health officials and units from across campus.
This employee guidance is provided given the circumstances relating to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and is not applicable to any past events and does not create an expectation that these guidelines will continue beyond the COVID-19 situation.
Please note, this information should not be considered medical or legal advice. In all instances, you should consult with a relevant expert for guidance specific to your circumstances.
This guidance will be updated as this situation continues to evolve. Your supervisor will keep you informed as we move forward. Our priority is the health and safety of our employees and continuity of the essential services we provide.
See answers to some of the most commonly asked employee questions regarding COVID-19.
MSU offers a number of resources to help employees manage their well-being and connect with help during uncertain times.
If you feel ill...
- Stay home if you or a family member is feeling sick or even just “off.” Contact your supervisor if such a situation arises.
- Consult your doctor and CDC guidelines about whether you have symptoms of the virus.
- Do not travel while sick.
- Employees who become sick while traveling or on temporary assignment should notify their supervisor and promptly call a health care provider for advice if needed.
- If you have an underlying medical condition or vulnerability, please discuss the risks with your health care provider. Employees in this situation should also contact their HR Business Partner with questions.
- If an employee is sick and comes to work, the university reserves the right to send the employee home, depending on the circumstances. The employee may also need to utilize accrued sick leave and possibly other types of leave if unable to work.
- Employees at high risk should contact their HR Business Partner with questions.
If there are questions not answered by these pages or on the Frequently Asked Questions, please contact your HR Business Partner.