IT Community Information Exchange
The purpose of the Information Exchange is to build a unified IT Community by bringing together individual IT expertise (individuals) and resources among all four campuses to accomplish work in support of the institutions' missions.
This will be accomplished by providing a communication platform that supports the network of team resources through:
- An open exchange of ideas
- Sharing of best practices
- Identification of opportunities for collaboration
- Creation of stronger bonds of trust within the IT Community
The result will be that the University will be able to better leverage and align IT resources (individuals and technology) to achieve the mission of Montana State University.
Participation in the Information Exchange is open to IT providers of all four campuses.
If you are interested in being a presentor, or would like to be added to the IT Community, please submit a request using the links in the sidebar under Info Exchange Resource.
Expectations of Sessions and Participants
We learn by doing and thus the Information Exchange sessions will evolve through a process of change, assess, then change again.
- Time is a resource that can never be recovered once lost, therefore we will be diligent in producing agendas and using timekeeping as a means to ensure time invested in any Information Exchange activity is time well spent.
- Be additive, not repetitive in comments
- Honor the time limits outlined
- Participate fully by taking risk and respectfully speaking one's mind
- Value diversity of ideas presented by being open to others' perspectives
- Acknowledge the value of each individual's skills/experiences through active listening
- Check their titles at the door to encourage engagement by all