Big Idea Challenge
Pitches: Tuesday, November 9
Jabs Hall 111
The LaunchPad Ideas Competition is designed to provide students with early-stage ideas the opportunity to compete for cash prizes!
This competition is open to all Montana State University students (undergraduate and graduate) and will feature over $6,000 in prize awards. All Ideas are welcome, including but not limited to new products, services, non-profit ventures, and social impact focus.
CHOOSE YOUR TRACK
Participants will need to select 1 of the following 4 tracks.
- Social and Climate Impact: sustainability, education, human rights, poverty alleviation, racial and social justice
- Health & Life Science: biotech/sciences, health & medical science, healthcare
- Consumer Products & Services
To apply, you will need to fill out the short application on Startup Tree: https://bit.ly/3zEzwc3
The (4) finalist winners of the Montana State University Campus Round will take home $1,000 each. In addition, for Montana State University cash prizes will be available for additional awards.
Furthermore, four (4) finalists from each campus will move forward to the [National Network Round] competing for:
- $10,000 in additional prize money to further develop your idea
- Expert consultations for branding and logo design, plus technology and product strategy sessions
The applicant must...
- be a current student (undergraduate or graduate-level)
- be a founder/co-founder (i.e., the person with the original idea)
- be in the earliest stages - have an idea or have just started building on an idea
- create a profile on Startup Tree and apply as an individual or in teams of 2
Meetings are available with the Launchpad to review your idea and the application:http://www.montana.edu/launchpad/schedule.html.
Selected Montana State University semifinalists will be asked to present their ideas in 3 - 5 minute pitch on November 9th. This event would be open to the community for viewing.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- September 27th: Application for Montana State Open
- October 21st: Deadline for Montana State
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59PM ET on Thursday, October 21st
- October 25th to November 15th: Deliberation Period
- Applicants will be evaluated and scored.
- In addition, at Montana State University, a Semifinal in person 3-minute pitch will take place on November 9th.
- November 15th - 19th: Winner from each track across each school invited to finalist network round
- If you are selected as Finalist, you will be invited to the [National Network Round]
- December 1st: Deadline for [National Network Round] Finalist Participation
- More information and link to apply will be shared with Finalists