Who We Are
MilTech is an authorized National Government Partnership Intermediary that helps bring innovative technology to the U.S. government quickly, reliably, and cost-effectively. MilTech was established in 2004 as a collaboration between Montana State University and the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Partnership Intermediaries are state or local government entities that work with the Department of Defense (DOD), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as well as other federal agencies, to facilitate technology transfer and commercialization activities.
MilTech is also the only university-based mentor in the Air Force Mentor Protégé Program and is a proud recipient of the 2020 Nunn-Perry Award recognizing MilTech's performance in the Defense Department's Mentor Protégé Program.
By leveraging the Department of Commerce's nationwide Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) for the U.S. Government, MilTech has over 300 active and completed projects with DOD and DHS. Specifically for DHS, MilTech assists DHS Components, Program Managers, Labs and Integrated Product Teams with technology scouting, identifying technology gaps and unmet needs, critical design, engineering samples, and manufacturability expertise to advance knowledge, technology and manufacturing readiness levels.
MilTech's three distinct core competencies allow us to provide unique products and services for our government and industry partners. They define MilTech's capabilities and foundation for how we work across a variety of markets and government sectors.
- Identification of technology gaps and unmet needs to support future operations
- Insight on current and forecast future landscape for target technologies
- Identification of qualified, non-traditional vendors for procurement and new technology development
- Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA)
- Technical Data Package Review or Technical Data Package Ownership
- Engineering Sample and Development Assistance
- Sustainable, quality and cost-effective delivery
- Supply chain and manufacturing process qualification and development
- Support for internal process improvement to enhance technology transition
MilTech solves problems brought to us from U.S. Government organizations and assists with both technology spin-in and technology spin-out. To learn more, please choose the appropriate path based on your needs.
Interested in a career at MilTech?
All MilTech vacant positions that are accepting applications will be located on the Jobs at Montana State University portal. Tip: search in the 'Staff' section, using keyword “MilTech.”