To sign up for classes : Call the INSIGHT office at (406)994-5937 or email insight@ You may also come in to the office at 1106 South Sixth. If no one is available you can sign up next door at the Office of Health Advancement at 1102 South Sixth Street during business hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.

To pay for the class : You may pay using a credit card at this direct link: Credit Card Payment Link for INSIGHT

No, you need to come in to our office. See the first FAQ above for details.

It counts as two separate incidents. This means you will have to attend both LEVEL I and LEVEL II of the Insight Program.

MSU will place a hold on your student records. This means you will not be able to do many things, some of which are: add, drop, or sign-up for classes.

  1. Come into the office as soon as you are aware of your sanction.
  2. Pay for and attend the Focus Seminar you are scheduled for.
  3. If you have a problem with the scheduled seminar, call the office to make different arrangements.
  4. Be sure to pay for the course before taking it to avoid any holds.

  1.  Dean of Students.
  2. Director of Residence Life.
  3. Director of Counseling & Psychological Services.
  4. Director of Student Health.

This will be a second write-up and you are now at LEVEL II. You can only do LEVEL I once during your college career.


Generally, the holds are removed the morning after the class if the class is paid for. If you have a hold for non-payment you must contact the office after you pay; holds do not come off automatically.

Removing holds can take time. Especially if you wait until registration time, that is a very busy time and it can take a few days before your hold is removed. It is best to take care of these issues as soon as you can. As always, if you have questions, call us!

  • This is pretty much the standard cost for these types of programs - and we want to be sure we can keep the MSU option available since the alternative would be sending folks to the community program, which is less convenient.
  • In addition, we need to cover the cost of running the office and materials.
No, you may not use a previous course for a current citation.

If you have received your MIP in Bozeman be sure to request from the court a referral to the INSIGHT Office. Our MIP program satisfies almost all courts in the state of Montana and some out of state courts. Once you get your transfer paperwork completed, contact the INSIGHT Office at 406-994-5937 and tell us you need to get signed up for the MIP course.

There is not any difference in receiving an off-campus or on-campus MIP but everything involving the court is a case-by-case basis, Fortunately, we have our own MIP Coordinator to assist you in the process.

If you received an MIP from another county or state, just contact our office and ask to speak with the MIP Coordinator and we will get it taken care of. We have worked with courts from many communities in Montana and quite a few states. Our MIP Coordinator will be able to help you with this and will contact the court in the other town when you sign up.