All orders will be processed as is at the time of the request. Changes to delivery and holding options will require a new order.
Official transcripts are issued only at the request of the student.
- Transcripts may be requested online via the National Student Clearinghouse. A $10.00 transcript fee and processing charges related to delivery method will be required at the time of order.
- For electronic transcripts: Send to e-mail address of your choice. Please check with recipient before placing your order to ensure they will accept this delivery method. Transcript must be opened in Adobe Reader- otherwise they will appear blank.
- Click here to download Adobe Reader
When ordering a transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse, please enter your student ID number WITHOUT the dash. Transcript requests are processed as is at the time of your request if there are no holds on your account that would prevent the transcript from being sent out.
When requesting a transcript that has an outstanding debt with the University, the request will not be processed until the hold has been addressed. After 30 days, your transcript request will expire if you’ve not resolved the hold on your account.
- Only the student may request his/her transcript
- Electronic Delivery is only an option when ordering online
- Orders made via phone call, e-mail or fax will not be accepted
Delivery Options & Costs*
Delivery Method Processing Time (Business Days) Cost
Electronic Transfer Exchange 1 Business Day $12.50
Electronic PDF 1 Business Day $12.50
HARD COPY DELIVERY DOMESTIC
Standard US Mail 1 Business Day to USPS $15.35
Certified US mail 1 business Day to USPS $27.35
Express US Mail 1 Business Day to Express Delivery Vendor $54.35
HARD COPY DELIVERY INTERNATIONAL
Mail International 1 Business Day to USPS $20.35
Express Canada/Mexico 1 Business Day to Express Delivery Vendor $74.35
Express International 1 Business Day to Express Delivery Vendor $90.35
*cost includes $10.00 transcript fee and related postage and processing charges
Email questions regarding official transcripts to [email protected]
Enrollment and Degree Verifications
The Office of the Registrar reports all degrees awarded at the end of each academic semester to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). All lenders, employers, and recruitment agencies can and should obtain student degree information by accessing the NSC website directly or following the instructions below to login through your MyInfo.
- Log into MyInfo
- Click “Student Services”
- Click “Student Records”
- Click “Enrollment Verification/Official Transcript”
- Click “Go to Clearinghouse Site”
- Continue to follow Clearinghouse prompts
Note: you can only obtain an enrollment verification through the National Student Clearinghouse if you have completed one or more semesters at Montana State University. All other verification requests must be requested by submitting the Enrollment or Degree Verification Request Form and returning it to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
- The Office of the Registrar does not issue unofficial transcripts.
- Access the secure area of your MyInfo account to:
- View/print your unofficial transcript
- Determine if your final grades have been posted
- Determine if your GPA and academic standing have been calculated
- Determine if your degree has been awarded
- View any holds on your account
- View Your Unofficial Transcript
- Log in to MyInfo
- Click “Student Services”
- Click “Student Records”
- Click “Academic Transcript”
- Select level, click “Submit”
An Apostille is a certification, commonly used to refer to the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention. Documents - including official academic transcripts and diplomas - which have been notarized by a notary public and then certified with a conformant apostille (Montana Secretary of State's Office) are accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention.
Montana State University’s procedures to request an Apostille on a Diploma and/or Official Academic Transcript are as follows.
Transcripts: Order an official hard-copy transcript either through your MyInfo account on the Student Services tab or by going directly to the National Student Clearinghouse Website. The charge for an official academic transcript is $10.00 per copy.
- Instructions for ordering an official transcript may be found on the Registrar's website.
- Request your transcript to be mailed to the Montana Secretary of State Notary Compliance, State Capitol, Room 260, P.O. Box 20280, Helena, MT 59620-2801
- In the "Recipient Information" section include "For Apostille"
- Questions may be directed to Montana Secretary of State
Diplomas: Provide the original diploma or order a replacement through the Registrar’s Office forms page. Questions may be directed to 406-994-6650. To order a replacement Diploma:
- Order a replacement through the Registrar’s Office forms page
- Include a check in the amount of $25.00 payable to Montana State University.
- Allow 2-3 weeks for processing the order.
- With your diploma request, state that the replacement will be used in the Apostille process and send to:
Montana Secretary of State Notary Compliance, State Capitol, Room 260, P.O. Box 20280, Helena, MT 59620- 2801
- Visit the Secretary of State's website to download and complete the Certification Request Form to include in the packet.
- The packet should include the following:
- A Note that your transcript has been ordered per the steps above, and/or your Diploma or a Diploma Request Form
- Check(s) made out to the Montana Secretary of State
- Completed Certification Request Form from the Secretary of State's Website
- Generally, students should allow 3-4 weeks for completion of the Apostille process. Processing time may vary by time of year and demand for the Apostille services. If a replacement diploma is ordered, add an additional 2-3 weeks for processing.