Charges for Services
Facilities Services charges for work performed, and determines who is responsible for these charges. Assignment of charges for typical services are listed below. They do not necessarily apply in all cases, nor are they all-inclusive.
Services normally paid for by Facilities Services:
- Building maintenance items such as custodial services; trash collection; and repairs to walls, windows, doors, roofs, ceilings, floors, and elevators in all State supported facilities
- Repairing and servicing of all utility distribution systems (except video, voice, and data communications cabling) including heat, cooling, water, gas, compressed air, electricity, air handling systems, and waste water
- Repairs to all grounds components including walks, roads, curbs, street, lights, and storm sewers; care of lawns, trees, and shrubs
- Scheduled Maintenance Activities including replacements and upgrades to items such as: painting, flooring, ceilings, lighting, plumbing systems, roofs, etc.
Services normally charged to the requesting college or department:
- Repairs to department equipment
- Services to refrigeration equipment, air conditioning equipment, and utility services installed at the request of the department
- Remodeling, renovation and moving at the request of the department
- Installation and maintenance of research and instructional equipment or machinery, including utility support systems
- Special requests from a college or department for upgrades and renovations not paid for by Facilities Services
- Services provided to MSU's Auxiliary and Montana Agricultural Experiment Station enterprises
- Services to prepare or support special events and the necessary cleanup following these events
- Extraordinary maintenance or service (including custodial) requests that are discretionary and departmental in nature
- Delivery of departmental supplies and equipment
If you have any questions regarding a billing you have received, please call Facilities Services Work Control at 406-994-2107.