About UIT and Help Desk
Call UIT Service Desk
In support of the Montana State University mission, University Information Technology promotes, develops, delivers and facilitates the use of information technology services and resources.
UIT is the provider of central information technology services to MSU. While UIT is many things to many people, our primary areas of responsibility are:
- The campus data network
- Servers for central applications (email, calendaring, and many others)
- Information Security
- The campus telephone system
- The university-wide administrative software system (finance, human resource, and student information)
- Web infrastructure
- The UIT student computing laboratories
- Smart Podiums in campus classrooms
- The campus computer Maintenance Shop
- The campus information technology Service Desk
- The campus communication wiring group
Our staff and offices occupy three campus buildings: Nopper (Enterprise Services group), the basement of the Renne Library and CFT 5 located behind the stadium.
As a customer-focused service organization, UIT welcomes your input into our operations. Please contact us at:
University Information Technology
P.O. Box 173240
Bozeman, MT 59717-3240
UIT Service Desk
Location: MSU Library Commons
M-F, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
excluding holidays and breaks