University Council Minutes
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
|Waded Cruzado||Nancy Cornwell||Robert Hawks||Shelley McKamey||Lynda Ransdell|
|Kenning Arlitsch||Dennis Defa||Bob Hietala||Helen Melland||Michael Reidy|
|Kregg Aytes||Chris Fastnow||Chris Kearns||Mark Nook||Leslie Taylor|
|Jeff Bader||Peter Fields||Greg Kegel||Renee Reijo Pera||Susan Wolff|
|Matt Caires||Destini French||Ilse-Mari Lee||Martha Potvin|
|Kari Cargill||Brett Gunnink||Terry Leist||Nicol Rae|
- Call to Order
President Waded Cruzado
- President Waded Cruzado called the meeting to order at 8:30 AM.
- Approval of Minutes for April 1st, 2015
- Peter Fields moved to approve the minutes for March 4th, 2015, and Kregg Aytes seconded the motion. The minutes were approved unanimously.
- University Wide Information/ Announcements
- Several events are taking place in March, including the Neil DeGrasse Tyson event, a lecture by David Quammen, and a lecture by Sherman Alexie as part of the President's Fine Art Series. University Council members recognized the hard work of our student leaders during the legislative session.
- Informational Items
Cathy Hasenpflug, Director of Operations, Human Resources
- Cathy Hasenpflug gave a presentation on the updates to the CHOICES benefit enrollment interface as part of a Service Excellence project.
- Strategic Plan Update: Engagement
Chris Fastnow, Director, Office of Planning & Analysis
- Chris Fastnow provided an update on the Engagement section of MSU's Strategic Plan. Chris presented a chart of new data illustrating the progress.
- Members of University Council provided brief updates about their departments.
- Public Comment
- No public comment was offered.