Undergraduate Research Online Application System
Use the USP Online Application System in Submittable to apply for undergraduate research opportunities in all disciplines. We will match you to the best funding source for your project. Use the application labeled 'USP Research Grant Application' to apply for funding from MT Space Grant Consortium (MSGC) and VPRED Research Fellowship (available to participants in the Honors Freshman Research Symposium). To apply for INBRE biomedical and public health funding, contact the INBRE office.
To submit a complete application you will need the following documents. We recommend that you prepare these documents before you start the application.
- Your 5-page research proposal project description in PDF format.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript in PDF format.
- If you have received USP funding in the past, you must include a 1-2 page summary of your research results in PDF format. You may also use this document to describe other, non-USP research experience that your have had.
- You MUST enter your research mentor's official MSU email. Find your mentor's email official email using the MSU Faculty/Staff Directory.
- Optional: The USP budget template can be used to help you plan your budget. The template can be attached to your application to provide details that cannot be included in the online budget entry tool.
You can save your application at any time by clicking 'Save Draft' at the bottom of the form. Once completed, you can submit your application by clicking 'Apply'.
Note: Required fields are marked with an asterisk.