Undergraduate Research Online Application System
Use the USP Online Application System in Submittable to apply for undergraduate research opportunities in all disciplines. We will match you to the best funding source for your project. Application is titled 'USP Summer 2021 Research Grant Application'.
To submit a complete application you will need the following documents. We recommend that you prepare these documents before you start the application.
- Your 5-page research proposal project description in PDF format.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript in PDF format.
- If you have received USP funding in the past, you must include a 1-2 page summary of your research results in PDF format. You may also use this document to describe other, non-USP research experience that your have had.
- You MUST enter your research mentor's official MSU email. Find your mentor's email official email using the MSU Faculty/Staff Directory.
- Optional: The USP budget template can be used to help you plan your budget. The template can be attached to your application to provide details that cannot be included in the online budget entry tool.
You can save your application at any time by clicking 'Save Draft' at the bottom of the form. Once completed, you can submit your application by clicking 'Apply'.
Note: Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
Undergraduate Scholars Program
Funding for faculty-mentored student research in all disciplines.
INBRE Undergraduate Scholars Program
Funding for faculty-mentored student research in bio-science and biomedical fields.
Montana Space Grant Consortium Undergraduate Research Grants
Funding for faculty mentored research in physical science, engineering, space, planetary and Earth science.
Research & Economic Development Honors Research Fellowships
Research opportunity for first-year students enrolled in the Freshman Research Symposium (HONR 131).