Returning to MSU
Steps to Return
Tips to submitting your Intent to Register:
Apply for re-admission by submitting the Intent to Register form online in the Student Services tab of your MyInfo account.
- We recommend submiting your Intent to Register at least 30 days prior to registration - but we understand this is not always possible.
- If you are changing your major, note your new major of choice on this form.
- If you attended another college or university since you last attended MSU, note this on the Intent to Register form, and then send an official transcript to the Office of the Registrar.
- Once the Intent to Register is processed (2-3 weeks), the Office of the Registrar will contact the email address provided on the Intent to Register form.
Let a Financial Coach help!
Make smart investments in your education while also meeting your living expenses!
A financial coach can help you with...
- Student Loans
- Budgeting / Credit
- Building your financial future
File the FAFSA online to determine eligibility for federal low-interest loans and grants.
Filing the FAFSA does not obligate you to take out loans, but it can open up various opportunities to fund your education. Some scholarships require you to file your FAFSA.
Plan your schedule.
Academic advisors are guides, mentors, and educators who encourage personal development and lifelong learning. They share information about curricula, resources, and engagement opportunities. Students who engage in the advising process regularly will benefit from the guidance and support of their advisor.
Most advising services will continue to be provided using distance methods, although limited in-person options will be available.
The Office of Return-to-Learn offers a scholarship program specifically designed for returning students.
Additionally, MSU has a scholarship application portal called Cat $cholarships that is a one-stop-shop for most of the scholarships across campus.
Click below to learn more about the Return-to-Learn Scholarship opportunity and Cat $cholarships: