Scholarship Applications and Information
Most scholarships are available for every level of student -- freshmen to graduate students.
The scholarship application process for 2017-2018 is closed. Deadline for applications was Jan. 16, 2017. We highly recommend that you file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) now to be eligible for all scholarships.
The Scholarship Application process is now closed. No further applications will be accepted.
STOP! Do not start filling out the application until you have read the instructions below in their entirety. Some applicants have been experiencing submission errors. If you receive an emailed copy of your application, then your application has gone through, regardless of the submission error or failure to submit. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Steps to a Successful Application Process
Follow the steps below before you begin the online form. You only need to complete one form to be considered for all scholarships in your department.
- Before you begin the application, it is important that you access the appropriate form (Department of Education or Department of Health and Human Development), review the requirements, and then gather all the necessary information. Do this before you begin the application -- you will not be able to save any information on the application and return to complete it later. The form must be completed and submitted in one session. Also, be sure to have your MSU Student ID ready.
- Write your essay BEFORE you start the application. Write your essay in MS Word or other word processing program and save it to your computer. Please limit essays to one page--single spaced. Access the appropriate department application to see additional directions to write your scholarship.
- After you submit your application, you will receive a copy via email. Please review the information to ensure its accuracy. If there is something that you need to change, you will need to submit a new application.
- TWO recommendations forms are necessary (one from a faculty member or instructor, or a high school teacher
for incoming freshmen, and another from an employer, a volunteer supervisor, another
faculty member or instructor, or other professional recommendation -- not a family
member). Be sure to ask your references before sending them the link.
- Applicants will need to copy and paste the recommendation form link in an email to each reference.
- Recommendations will be submitted electronically, directly from your reference, to the scholarship coordinator, per instructions on the recommendation form.
- It is your responsibility to follow up with your references to make sure recommendations were submitted.
- Include one unofficial copy of your transcript. Current MSU students, please obtain your unofficial copy from My Info.
- Copy and paste your most recent transcript (including Fall 2016) into a Word Document or save it as a PDF.
- Save it to your computer as lastname_firstname_transcript
- Then email it to email@example.com with the word "transcript" in the subject line.
- Entering freshmen, please send your high school transcript as of Fall 2016, as soon as your semester ends and you receive your fall grades. While you're waiting on final transcripts, you may go ahead and fill out the application and have references send in recommendations.
- If you change majors at any time, your scholarship will be canceled.
Click on the appropriate department link below to access the names of the scholarships and their criteria:
- All EHHD Incoming Freshman Scholarships
- Department of Education Scholarships
- Department of Health & Human Development Scholarships
- and Recommendation Form (link to be emailed to two references)
Please check with the EHHD Scholarship Coordinator in Reid 249 for information about several other scholarships offered by organizations outside the College, such as the Big Sky Retired Educators Association Scholarship and Jane Hammer Holmgren Scholarship for education students.
For questions, contact Deb Redburn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-994-6890.