Colleen Moore, Professor
Prof Colleen F. Moore, Ph.D., Affiliate Professor
Department of Psychology
Montana State University
P.O. Box 173440
Bozeman, MT 59717-3440 USA
- Developmental effects of toxic exposures
- Effects of prenatal alcohol on brain development
- Environmental judgment/decision making
- Risk perception and behavior, including outdoor recreation risk
- Ph.D. (1978). Psychology, University of Illinois
- M.A. (1975). Psychology, University of Illinois
- B.A. (1972). Psychology, Pomona College
Kortenkamp, K.V., Moore, C.F., Sheridan, D.P. & Ahrens, E.S. (2017). No hiking beyond this point! Hiking risk prevention recommendations in peer-reviewed literature. Journal of Outdoor Recreation and Tourism, 20, 67-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jort.2017.10.002
- Winters, C.A., Moore, C.F., Kuntz, S.W., Weinert, C., Hernandez, T. & Black, B. (2016). Principal components analysis to identify influences on research communication and engagement during an environmental disaster. BMJ Open, 2016;6:e012106. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-01210.
- Schneider, M.L., Larson, J.A., Rypstat, C.,Resch, L.M., Roberts, A. & Moore, C.F. (2013). Moderate level prenatal alcohol exposure enhances acoustic startle magnitude and disrupts prepulse inhibition in adult monkeys. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 37(10), 1729-1736
- Amato, M.S., Magzamen, S., Imm, P., Havlena, J.A., Anderson, H.A., Kanarek, M.S. & Moore, C.F. (2013). Early lead exposure (< 3 years old) prospectively predicts fourth grade school suspension in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (USA). Environmental Research.
- Converse, A.K., Moore, C.F., Moirano, J.M., Ahlers, E.O., Larson, J.A., Engler, J.W., Barnhart, T.E., Murali, D., Christian, B.T., DeJesus, O.T., Holden, J.E., Nickles, R.J. & Schneider, M.L. (2013) Prenatal stress induces increased striatal dopamine transporter binding in adult non-human primates. Biological Psychiatry, 74(7), 502-520.
- Amato, M.S., Moore, C.F., Magzamen, S., Imm, P., Havlena, J.A., Anderson, H.A. & Kanarek, M.S. (2012). Lead exposure and educational proficiency: Moderate lead exposure and educational proficiency on end-of-grade tests. Annals of Epidemiology, 22, 738-744.
- Drwecki, B. B., Moore, C.F., Ward, S.E. & Prkachin, K.M. (2011). Reducing racial disparities in pain treatment: The role of empathy and perspective-taking. Pain, 152, 1001-1006.
- Schneider, M.L., Moore, C.F. & Adkins, M. M. (2011). The effects of prenatal alcohol exposure on behavior: Rodent and primate studies. Neuropsychology Review, 21, 186-203.
- Moore, C. F. (2009). Children and pollution: Why scientists disagree. Oxford University Press, Oxford, England. (Link out for more info on the book)
- PSYX 494 Children and Pollution
- PSYX 501 Advanced Research Design and Analysis (link out for ANOVA in R resources)
Affiliations and Honors
- Professor Emerita, University of Wisconsin--Madison, 2012--present
- "Always a Badger, but also a Bobcat"
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making
- Psychonomic Society
- Society for Research in Child Development