Events and Outreach
- Health Care Hype and Making Sense of it All: June 25, 2019
The MSU Initiative for Regulation and Applied Economic Analysis will host visiting scholar Sheila Burke, a leading health public policy expert and faculty member at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. Burke will present to faculty and students a series of talks including a master class titled "Healthcare Policy: Perspectives from D.C." as well as a public lecture on the evening of Tuesday, June 25.
- Save the Date: July 23, 2019
Current & Emerging Issues in Career and Technical Education and Workforce Development Policy Workshop
- Save the Date: Monday, October 14, 2019
The MSU Initiative for Regulation and Applied Economic Analysis will host Daron Acemoglu as its annual distinguished lecturer on Monday, Oct. 14, 2019, 7 p.m., in the SUB Ballroom A. His talk will be focused on labor-technology issues and is titled, “Automation, AI and the Future Work.” Acemoglu is an economics professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the coauthor of “Why Nations Fail: Origins of Power, Poverty and Prosperity.”
- May 16, 2019
Current & Emerging Issues for Regulating Crop Protection Technologies Workshop
- April 12, 2019: "Evidence and Education: Linking Research, Policy, and Practice to Enhance K-12 Education" conference
- Feb. 15, 2019: "Following the Market? Hedonic Valuation Using Sales Prices Versus Self-Reported Values," a seminar presented by short-term visiting scholar, Daniel Bigelow. Linfield Hall, Rm 206, 3:15 p.m.
- Feb. 25, 2019: "Do government and legal barriers impede entrepreneurship in the U.S.? An exploratory study of perceived vs. actual barriers," a seminar presented by Agnieszka Kwapisz, Research Grantee. JJCBE, Rm 311, 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 23: Wendy Stock, professor of economics and co-director of MSU’s Initiative for Regulation and Applied Economic Analysis in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics, will appear on Montana AgLive http://www.montanapbs.org/programs/MontanaAgLive/ to discuss labor issues affecting Montana and share insights on Montana’s current economy.
- Economic Perspectives on Reproductive Health Policies, June 25, 2018
- Healthcare Policy Conference, April 6, 2018
- Research Methods in Applied Economic Analysis September 8, 2017
- Indigenous Economic Development Workshop August 2017
- Poverty and Policy Conference April 2017
- Undergraduate Research Scholarships: Spring 2019 funding cycle is closed.
- Research Fellowships: 2018-2020 funding cycle is closed.
- Research Grants: 2018-2019 funding cycle is closed.
- Visiting Scholars: Funding ongoing – please contact Co-Directors