Environment, Health & Safety Training
What Training Do You Need?
Compliance training is determined by your work duties and the associated risks and hazards.
The on-line Job Training Requirements system (linked below) helps you perform a job hazard analysis by asking you a series of questions about your work.
Upon submittal, the system will e-mail you and your supervisor with the training courses you need to take to perform your job in both a safe manner, and also in compliance with relevant Federal and State regulations.
To assess your training needs, click here, and sign in using your NetID and password.
For user instructions, click here.
As you complete your training courses, you can log into the system and enter completion dates, so your supervisor can verify that you've completed all required courses.
SRM offers two different types of trainings:
- Classroom/Hands-On Training: Common classes are First Aid, CPR/AED, Fire Extinguisher Safety, Laboratory Safety, Ladder Safety, Defensive Driving, etc.
Call 994-2711 for questions.
2. Online Training (BLR Employee Training Center) offering workplace safety, occupational health, and laboratory safety training courses.
- **PLEASE NOTE: This link will take you to a general log in page.
- At the login enter username: 6450632 & password: 59718.
- After you log in and choose a course you will enter your personal information for record keeping.
MSU Vehicle Use Training
The State Insurer prefers attendance at their 2-hour classroom defensive driving training, but if it is between scheduled classes, a 30 minute online Defensive Driving for non-commercial motorists may be found here.
For a flow-chart of required, recommended and available training options, please see our Interactive Vehicle Use Flow Chart or click on the image below to access.
- If you have a question regarding your training records, please contact the Training and Development Coordinator (994-7870).
Blank training roster to record trainings, and to submit to SRM.