Adobe Creative Cloud for Students
Adobe Creative Cloud Software
- After Effects
- Animate Audition
- Acrobat Pro
- Premiere Pro
See FAQ for answers to questions about your Adobe Creative Cloud account, assets, stock images, etc.
*Stock images are not included in MSU's Adobe license.
Download Creative Cloud
NOTE on Installation: While it is possible to run older Adobe CS software side-by-side with Adobe CC software, we do recommend uninstalling it to avoid confusion.
1. Go to Adobe.com.
2. Click Sign In in the upper right hand corner of screen.
3. Click Sign in with Enterprise ID under the Sign In button (highlighted in the image below)
4. Enter @student.montana.edu in the email address field then hit the Tab key. See image below.
(You can enter your full MSU address if you want but the important part is the @student.montana.edu - do not enter a personal address).
MSU's Web Login page opens.
*NOTE: If you are prompted again with the screen shown in the image below, select
This may occur if you already have an AdobeCC account connected to your @student.montana.edu
6. Enter your NetID and NetID Password when presented with the MSU Web Login page.
7. Click under the Creative Cloud Apps heading.
8. Scroll down to Creative Cloud app and click Download.
You need to do this BEFORE downloading other apps.
10. Follow the onscreen instructions to install.
Once you have installed the Creative Cloud App you will use it to access, install/update other Adobe CC software to your desktop.
1. Open the Creative Cloud application on your computer by either clicking the CC swirly cloud icon located in the menu bar on the top right of screen (Mac) on the desktop tray (Windows) or open it from your Applications/Programs folder.
2. Sign in using Enterprise ID by following the same steps as you did above.
3. Click the Apps tab.
4. Scroll through the listed apps and choose those you'd like to install or update. Download and follow onscreen instructions when prompted.
To avoid confusion we recommend uninstalling Adobe CS software before installing Adobe CC although they can run side-by-side.
To uninstall Adobe CS please follow these directions:
1. Open the Control Panel on your computer.
2. Click Add or Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
3. Scroll to Adobe software on your computer (will include CS6, CS5, etc. in name of program)
4. Click the software you want to uninstall.
5. Click the Uninstall button that appears near top of the list of programs.
For more information visit Uninstall or Change programs in Windows.
1. Go to the Finder.
2. Navigate to Applications folder.
3. Select the app you want to uninstall.
4. Drag application icon to the Trash or right-click on select "Move to Trash".
5. Right-click on the Trash can and select "Empty Trash".
- Adobe CC tutorials on Lynda - available for free through the MSU Library's subscription (see login note below)
- Adobe CC Learn & Support portal - user guides and tutorials
- Adobe CC Training - training courses offered through Adobe
NOTE on logging into Lynda.
After clicking one of the Lynda tutorial links above follow these instructions:
- Click the Sign In button (not Sign Up), then click Continue(see image below).
- Log in with your MSU NetID and password.
IMPORTANT: If you are not prompted with the box shown above, go to http://guides.lib.montana.edu/lynda. Enter your NetID and Password when prompted. When the Lynda page opens enter Creative Cloud into the Search field to find tutorials.