(Alex) Michael Babcock, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (1985-1987), Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology and Brain Research Institute, Department of Anatomy, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA.
- Ph.D. Experimental Psychology (1985), Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO.
- B.S. Psychology (1981), Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO.
- 2019- Present Department Head of Earth Sciences
- 2019- present Chair of the MSU IACUC
- 2018- 2019 Presidential Faculty Leadership Fellow
- 2017-present Chair of Conflict of Interest Committee
- 2017-2018 Chair of Faculty Senate (second term)
- 2016-2017 Chair of Faculty Senate
- 2015- 2016 Chair Elect MSU Faculty Senate
- 2013- 2019 Chair of MSU Institutional Biosafety Committee
- 2003-present: Full Professor, Department of Psychology, Montana State University,
- Bozeman, MT.
- 2007- 2019. Affiliate Faculty, Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience.
- 2004-present. Affiliate Faculty Division of Health Sciences.
- 2004- 2007. Graduate Program Director, Department of Psychology Master’s Program in Applied Psychology.
- 2007-2013. Chair of MSU Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- 2003-2007. Vice-Chair of MSU Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- 2004: Visiting ResearchProfessor (sabbatical), Department of Psychology, University of Otago, New Zealand.
- 2002-present: Faculty Affiliate, Complex Biological Systems program, Department of Cell Biology & Neuroscience, Montana State University. Bozeman MT.
- 1998-2003: Department Chair, Department of Psychology, Montana State University,
- 1995-2003: Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, Montana State University,
- 1991-1995: Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Montana State University,
- 1987-1991: Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Univ. of South Alabama, Mobile, AL.
- 1986-1987: Instructor, Department of Psychology, Santa Monica Community College, Santa Monica, CA.
- 1985-1987: Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology and Brain Research Institute, Department of Anatomy, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA.
Awards and Honors
- MSU President's Teaching Innovation Award (2017)
- College of Letters & Science Outstanding Teaching Award (2013).
- MSU President's Excellence in Teaching Award Nominee (2012).
- MSU Provost Mentoring Award (2011).
- MSU Provost Mentoring Award Nominee (2010).
- William Battig Memorial Lecturer. Rocky Mountain Psychological Association Annual Meeting (2008).
- Alumni Associate/Bozeman Area Chamber of Commerce Award of Excellence, Montana State University (2003).
- MSU Alumni Association/Bozeman Area Chamber of Commerce Award of Excellence (1996, 2003).
- Idaho/Montana American Heart Association Research Committee Member (1996-99).
- External Reviewer for Merit Proposals, Department of Veterans Affairs (1997).
- NIH/NIGM Review Panel (1996).
- National American Heart Association Affiliate Study Group Member (1995-98).
- Montana State University Mortar Board Professor of the Month (1995).
Our laboratory has published our research in journals and made scientific presentations at national meetings. READ MORE...
A comprehensive list of all our publications and presentations. READ MORE...
Research Media Gallery
Images and videos generated in our lab are presented. READ MORE...