- Wednesday, October 17, 2018 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Strand Union Building, Room 235 - view map
Academic Advising: Tips for New Faculty and Those New to Advising – New Faculty Orientation Follow-up Workshop – ALL FACULTY ARE WELCOME
Wednesday October 17, 12:00 – 1:00 in SUB 235.
Lunch served beginning 11:45
Presenters: Diane Donnelly, M.Ed., Director of Advising Commons and Steve Swinford, Ph.D., Associate Professor Sociology/Anthropology
Information will be provided to help faculty understand the basics of how academic advising works on the MSU campus and how to connect to resources and technology to facilitate your work with students. Steve Swinford, a senior faculty member with years of advising experience, will provide tips and suggestions.
Specific topics covered will include:
- General degree requirements, Core 2.0 & Departmental requirements
- Registration and academic time lines and tools such as DegreeWorks
- Guidance and resources to help when you have “students of concern” or need to handle difficult situations
This workshop is one of the required sessions for the Early Career Success Certificate and earns one Teaching Credit.
- Center for Faculty Excellence