Rangeland and Pasture Invasive Grass Tour
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018 from 3:00pm to 7:30pm
- Gallatin County Fairgrounds Ag Center Building, Bozeman, MT
You are invited to learn about a new aggressive and highly invasive grass, Ventenata dubia, which is beginning to infest Gallatin County. This tour will visit numerous infested sites to examine research and managment options.
- Is a highly invasive annual grass
- Displaces native plants and creates vegetative monocultures
- Has little or no grazing value for livestock and wildlife
- Degrades habitats and ecology
- Identification of this invasive grass
- Biology and ecology
- Ongoing management research
- Integrated control strategies
Meet at the Gallatin County Fairgrounds AG Center Building, leave at 3:00 pm to travel to Reese Creek Fire Station,
Meet at Reese Creek Fire Station #4 (13695 Springhill Rd.) at 3:30 PM.
(Carpooling encouraged at both sites)
Free BBQ around 6:30 PM - bring a lawn chair.
RSVP Gallatin County Weed District by phone or email by June 19th:
406-582-3265 or email@example.com