Join MSU TechLink Center for a day with NAVSEA SBIR/STTR team, Jonathan Leggett and Richard McNamara
- Monday, September 24, 2018 from 8:30am to 4:00pm
- TechLink Center, MMEC Conference Room - view map
Turning Ideas into Capabilities
The DoD SBIT/STTR program Awards over $1 billion annually in early-stage, non-dilutive research and development funding to small technology companies - funds for projects that serve a DoD need and have commercial applications. Through the Department of the Navy's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs, small businesses have the opportunity to address exciting and often unexpected naval needs in more than 30 science and technology areas.
Join MSU TechLink's Montana Innovation Partnership on Monday, September 24, 2018, to learn more about the Navy SBIR/STTR programs with our special guests Jonathan Leggett, NAVSEA SBIR/STTR Outreach Program Coordinator, and Richard McNamara, SBIR/STTR Transition Manager. As the former Executive Director for PEO Submarines, Mr. McNamara has the distinction of having managed over $1 billion in successful transitions to the fleet.
Connect directly with Jonathan, Richard, and MSU TechLink's Ray Friesenhahn as we discuss:
- the NAVSEA SBIR/STTR program, NAVSEA areas of need, success stories, transition and Phase III strategies, and how to compete effectively - the Navy has long been recognized as having the most effective Phase III and transition program in all of the DoD!
After lunch, there will be opportunities for you to meet one-on-one with Jonathan, Richard, and local resource providers to answer your specific questions.
Who should attend?
- Montana small businesses (<500 employees) interested in learning how the SBIR/STTR program may assist them in developing and commercializing their early-stage innovation
- Large & medium sized businesses and/or 3rd party investors interested in partnering with SBIR/STTR companies to invest financial resources and collaboration for commercializing results
- University faculty and staff who would like to consult or partner with the small businesses on SBIR/STTR contracts, or who have ideas for spin-outs or start-ups by themselves or their students
When: Monday, September 24, 2018
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Meetup at TechLink for coffee, tea, and pastries
9:00 AM - noon NAVSEA SBIR/STTR program overview and successful transition strategies, MMEC's Technology Driven Marketplace Intelligence, and Collaborating with Partners
noon - 1:00 PM Enjoy lunch on us and hear from successful Montana SBIR companies
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM One-on-one 15-minute sessions with Jonathan Leggett, Richard McNamara, and local resource providers
Where: MSU TechLink Center
2310 University Way Bldg 2-2
Bozeman, Montana 59717
Registration is required. Contact MTIP Program Manager, Ann Peterson, at 406.994.7788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TechLink Center