- Monday, October 8, 2018 to Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- A.J.M. Johnson Hall, 121 - view map
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) is an annual conference where students from across the country gather to present the results of their research and creative works. It is open to undergraduate students conducting research and scholarship in all academic disciplines.
Next year's event takes place at Kennesaw State University April 11-13, 2019. Click here to view the NCUR 2019 Teaser Video.
The Undergraduate Scholars Program (USP) will provide logistical support and coordination for MSU students accepted to present, as well as funding to help off-set the cost of student travel.
How to Apply
- Abstracts must be submitted directly through the NCUR website.
- Online abstract submission opens Monday October 8, 2018
- The abstract submission deadline is Tuesday December 4, 2018. Please carefully review the abstract guidelines here and consult with your faculty mentor for guidance and editorial assistance.
- Include USP's information, as follows, in the Undergraduate Research Office Coordinator Information section of the abstract submission form:
- Coordinator’s First Name: Rose
- Coordinator’s Last Name: Dormanen
- Coordinator’s State/Country: Montana
- Coordinator’s Institution: Montana State University, Bozeman
- Coordinator’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinator’s Title: Program Coordinator
- Coordinator’s 10 Digit Phone: 406-994-3561
Funding & Logistical Support
Since MSU is a participating member of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) - the organization which hosts NCUR - USP provides significant organizational and logistical support for students accepted to present at this event, in addition to funding to help offset the cost of attendance. Actual funding amounts depend on the number of students accepted relative to our event budget, but most years we can cover the majority of major expenses including transportation/airfare, hotel, and conference registration. In order for us to plan and budget effectively, it is CRITICAL that students communicate with us about their intentions to participate and include our information (listed above) on their abstract submission forms.
For More Information
Please contact the USP office at 994-3561 or email@example.com, or stop by the main office at 121 A.J.M. Johnson Hall