MSU TechLink Center and EMPower Lunch & Learn: Funding Your Innovation
- Friday, January 25, 2019 from 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Barnard Hall, 126 - view map
Funding Innovation - Getting started
Innovative technologies that have a social and economic impact are needed in energy, cybersecurity, educational technology, biomedicine, and many other fields. Funding these innovations so that they can become commercially available products and provide the benefits intended is not easy.
EMPoower promotes the success of underrepresented minorities and women in STEM fields.
The Montana Innovation Partnership (MTIP) powered by MSU TechLink Center helps entrepreneurial researchers and Montana small businesses compete for over $2.5 billion dollars in non-dilutive federal funding grants and contracts awarded annually through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) program.
Join MTIP and EMPower for a free lunch & learn Friday January 25 at noon in Barnard 126 to discuss:
• companies that have launched and technologies funded with this type of funding
• who and what is right for this type of funding
• best practices to get started like understanding the potential market, building a strong team, and which agencies to consider
• resources available to early-stage founders and investigators
• Q&A with the MTIP Program Manager
Who should attend: Students, researchers, faculty, and early-stage startups who would like to learn more about getting started with market research and planning to seek funding for their innovations
When: January 25, 2019, at 12:00 pm - we'll grab lunch and get started by 12:15 pm.
Where: Montana State University Barnard Hall 126
RSVP: Lunch will be provided so please register by Wednesday, January 23 by emailing Amy Stix, Dtr EMPower, at [email protected]
- TechLink Center