MSU Research Grand Challenges
- Friday, March 15, 2019 from 12:00pm to 1:30am
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Bldg, Byker Auditorium - view map
Please join us in a conversation about research, the strategic plan and Goal 2.1 which outlines four Grand Challenges for the state of Montana. This will be a charrette - speakers will briefly present ideas on foundational humanities, arts and research on each of the grand challenges. The charrette is the first of a series of planning forums to welcome your ideas, thoughts and feedback on actions for implementing the grand challenges called out in the strategic plan.
Our discussions will be focused on:
- Understanding and positively impacting lives and society: discover, apply, test and share knowledge and creative works in the humanities, arts and architecture
- Caring for our environment: environmental science, design, engineering, architecture and social structure
- Promoting wellness in our communities: access and equity in education and health outcomes, community-based participatory research, biomedical sciences and entrepreneurship
- Food and fuel security: sustainable food systems, precision agriculture, energy production, transmission and storage
- Securing the future of Montana: cybersecurity, photonics and optics, defense, governance and public policy
Refreshments will be served.
- Office of Research, Economic Development and Graduate Education