Surge Mentor group interview
- Thursday, April 4, 2019 from 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Wilson Hall, 2-274 - view map
The Sophomore Surge is currently recruiting Surge Mentors for the 2019-2020 academic year. Surge Mentors are MSU students in their 2nd year or higher who will be trained, supported, and empowered to shape the futures of the next incoming Freshman class throughout their first year of college in order to Surge students into their sophomore year.
The Sophomore Surge collaborates with University Seminars to partner Surge Mentors within each section of 15-17 students where they:
- Facilitate icebreakers and introduction activities with emphasis on community-building.
- Encourage attendance at campus and community events and engagement opportunities.
- Provide guidance and support in the seminar's curriculum discussion and interaction.
- Support engagement of self-reflection and timely completion of important milestones for the transition to sophomore year.
- Support critical thinking, learning, and understanding in a supportive and collegiate environment.
- Provide general academic support such as how to use D2L, how to read and review course syllabi, and how to use professors' office hours.
- Provide referrals to key MSU services (library, counseling, academic advising, tutoring, career development, learning strategies, etc).
- Receive upper division academic credit for training and support.
- Receive $500 stipend.
For more information and to apply to be a Surge Mentor, visit www.montana.edu/SophomoreSurge