Recognizing & Referring Students with Mental Health Needs
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019 from 11:45am to 1:00pm
- Strand Union Building, 235 - view map
Tuesday, September 17 || 11:45 am – 1:00 pm || SUB 235
Lunch served starting at 11:45 a.m. RSVP here
Hosted by Brian Kassar, Counseling and Psychological Services
Faculty, advisors, and teaching assistants are often among the first to notice when students struggle with personal or mental health issues. Here at MSU, 69% of students reported that they would confide in an instructor/TA when these problems interfere with academic progress. Will you know what to do?
This training from Counseling & Psychological Services will provide an overview of college mental health and suicide, provide basic referral skills, and discuss campus resources for referral and support.
Completing this workshop will earn 1 credit towards annual membership in the Center and 1 credit towards the Early Career Success Certificate.
Attending this workshop allows faculty to achieve these CFE faculty learning outcomes:
- Maintaining equity in teaching by facilitating and supporting the success and advancement of students from a diverse array of backgrounds and varying levels of academic preparedness
- Becoming effective mentors and advisors
- Center for Faculty Excellence