Friends of MSU Library Fall Fundraising Event
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 from 7:00pm to 9:30pm
- Norm Asbjornson Hall, Inspiration Hall - view map
Join Friends of MSU Library for a multi-media event exploring Ivan Doig’s life and legacy. Panelists will delve into the Ivan Doig Archive to explore the author’s multiple myeloma diagnosis and its impact on his final four novels. What drove his motivation and creativity? How did he maintain stamina and optimism?
MSU History Professor and Ivan Doig Center co-director Bob Rydell will lead a poignant conversation with
- Carol Doig – Ivan’s wife and former professor of journalism
- David Laskin – Writer and close friend of Ivan Doig
- Robert Patrick - Physician
- Todd Wilkinson – Journalist/Mountain Journal founder
- Brett Walker – MSU history professor and author
Reception to follow. A small silent auction will feature items donated by Mountain Journal and MSU Library including a signed Ivan Doig book and a Steve Fuller print.
Donations suggested. Proceeds support MSU Library. Click here to register.
For information, please contact Ann Vinciguerra, (406)994-6857 or firstname.lastname@example.org.