Value Stream Mapping Real Steps on Identifying and Removing Waste in a Manufacturing Process
- Friday, October 25, 2019 from 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Bridger Brewing, 1609 South 11th Avenue, Bozeman, MT 59715
How could your company benefit from improved
Value Stream Mapping is a cornerstone of profitable manufacturing; it gives managers a picture of an entire process, both value and non-value-creating activities (“waste”).
Environmental waste, however, is often ignored in typical manufacturing operations. These wastes include labor, transportation, wasted materials, disposal, emissions, discharges, compliance management activities, and pollution control equipment. Environmental wastes are often a sign of inefficient production, and they frequently indicate opportunities for saving cost and time. Learn how to add value to the customer and stop unnecessary risks to worker health and safety, with Value Stream Mapping.
The power of Value Stream Mapping lies in walking the plant floor and learning to see wastes. Eliminating or reducing wastes can produce important environmental benefits, cost reductions, and most importantly increase a company’s differentiation and competitive advantage.
1. You will learn how to Value Stream Map any process.
2. You will be able to identify, characterize, and quantify wastes, and convert those wastes to real dollars.
3. You will walk away with practical strategies, tools, and techniques for incorporating environmental considerations, improving business results and adding value to your organization.