First-Generation Student Day Celebration
- Friday, November 8, 2019 from 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Strand Union Building
Montana State University plans to continue the tradition of celebration by hosting a Campus Resource Fair. Held on November 8, from 10am – Noon in the Leigh Lounge, this event will showcase 11 offices spearheading the “First-Generation Support Network” movement. This movement is designed to make students aware of the resources that are available on our campus. Although this resource fair is targeted to First-Generation Students, we invite all Students, Staff and Faculty to join us in the pursuit of knowledge and the navigating of campus resources!
In addition, there will also be a First-Generation Panel. This will be held from 3pm – 4pm in SUB 233. Panelists include: Marisa Flores, a first generation Senior in Statistics; Nathan Gallegos, a first-gen Hilleman scholar who is a Junior in Nursing; Miranda Roy, a first generation graduate student studying Adult and Higher Education; Emily Busby, a first generation student and the Assistant Dean of Students; Keith Hamburg, First Gen and Senior Financial Coach in AYCSS; moderated by Joe Schumacher, First Generation and Director of the Veteran’s Center. We invite you to join us as we talk about the challenges and obstacles First-Generation Students face on campuses across America, and how we can aid and support those students on their quest in Higher Education.
2019 First-Generation College Celebration Information:
- Free Stickers for Students, Faculty and Staff
- “I Support 1st Generation Students”
- “I am a Proud First-Generation Student”
- Please pick up your sticker at the Resource Fair or the Office of Student Engagement- SUB 221/222
- We ask that you proudly wear your sticker all day on the 8th
- Campus Resource Fair
- 10am – Noon, Leigh Lounge
- Refreshments, Games and Prizes Provided
- Come see some offices that are spearheading the First-Generation Support Network movement!
- First Generation Panel
- 3pm – 4pm, SUB 233
- Panelists consisting of undergraduates, Graduates, Professionals, Staff and Hileman Scholars
- Refreshments Provided
- Social Media
- Use #FIRSTGENBOBCAT hashtag to promote this event!
- Look for a snapchat filter
Special Thanks to the First Generation Day task force for your work on this initiative: The Office of Student Engagement, AYCSS, The Office of Health Advancement, The Veteran’s Support Center, TRiO, The Office of Residence Life, and The Dean of Students Office.
- Student Engagement