Learn how to give an oral & poster presentation at NCUR!
- Monday, February 10, 2020 from 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Strand Union Building, Room 233 - view map
MSU is hosting an info session for students giving a poster or oral presentation at NCUR 2020. During this session, students will learn how to prepare a professional talk, as well as a professional, academic poster. There will also be opportunities to discuss poster and oral presentation ideas with MSU faculty & graduate students for helpful notes and feedback.
Questions such as these will be answered:
1. How can I prepare for audience Q&A?
2. How can I keep my audience engaged?
3. How many powerpoint slides should I have, and how much text should be on each slide?
4. What template should I use? What visuals would be useful?
5. Should I memorize my talk?
6. How can I make my poster stand out?
7. How can I visually share my research with conference attendees? Should I use charts, graphs, photos, images?
8. Is there a poster format that I need to use? How much room for creativity is there in the design?
9. How can I communicate my research effectively through a poster presentation?