Teaching Accelerated Summer Courses Panel Discussion
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Strand Union Building, Ballroom C - view map
Wednesday, March 11th || 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm || SUB Ballroom C
Lunch served, starting at 11:45 am
Facilitated by Ken Silvestri, Instructional Designer, CFE
Panel: Candance Goodman, Chemistry & Biochemistry; Sean Harris, College of Business; Anders Larsson, Civil Engineering; Megan Wickstrom, Mathematical Sciences
Short, accelerated summer courses can provide students with more options for completing their degrees. The condensed, accelerated timeframe and nature does require rethinking how the courses are designed and taught to support learning at a more rapid pace. Hear from a panel of instructors who have been successful teaching in this format.
Completing this workshop will earn 1 credit towards annual membership in the Center and 1 credit towards the Certificate of Teaching Enhancement.
Attending this workshop allows faculty to achieve these CFE faculty learning outcomes:
- Using active learning pedagogies to support and advance higher-level (deeper) and more engaged learning
- Planning and designing courses around effective student learning outcomes
- Center for Faculty Excellence